Monina Paz: CV
Click here to read my memories.
Monina Paz represents the new generation of tango dancers in Argentina.
Monina studied contemporary dance for 4 years in the Theatre San Martin from 17 years of age.
She also studied for 5 years at the Academy of Performing Arts in Buenos Aires(IUNA), in addition to theatre performance seminars with Ann Strasberg (Cervantes Theatre).
Her tango career began under maestros Carlos Rivarola & Maria Rivarola, Ricardo Barrios, Mingo Pugliese & Esther Pugliese, Pablo Pugliese, Carlos & Rosa Perez, Eduardo Pareja, Graciela Gonzales.
FILM, TV & THEATRE PERFORMANCES
Monina has taken part in a number of films, TV ads and Theatre:
FILM: "Un Crisantemo Estalla En Cinco Esquinas" directed by Daniel Burman. Tango Dancer and
FILM: "La Pluma Del Angel". Tango Dancer and Actress.
FILM: "Celtic Tiger". Produced by BOOLLYWOOD India and filmed in Ireland (2011)
TV ADS FOR: TELEFONICA, LINEA PEPSI, BANCO PATRICIO, INDUMENTARIA DE ROPA ADIDAS, JABON ALA, SUPERMERCADOS CARFOUR , MTV ADD (Tango Dancer and Actress.)
THEATRE PTE. ALVEAR: Buenos Aires. Company: Maria Ofelia"Con el Alma Argentina y la Banda
Chamamesera". Tango Dancer.
METROPOLITAN THEATRE Buenos Aires: CAT’S musical Dancer and Actress
THEATRE E.N.A.D. Buenos Aires: "Tango Variete". Theatre Dance SHOW directed by Ricardo Barrios.Tango Dancers and Actors.
SHOWS: Monina performed at some of the most prestigious tango houses in Argentina including: "Caballito Blanco" and Hotel Panamericano Buenos Aires Argentina.
TV PROGRAM RTE ONE IRELAND: Actress (2010)
CHAMPION DANCE: Champion in Tango Dance in "Interdanza '98" III International Dance Festival in Asuncion (1998).
OFICIAL TANGO DANCER OF COMPANY FOR 4 YEARS: She has also taken part in the dance company "Municipalidad de Lomas de Zamora". Sponsored by Buenos Aires City Council - Argentina.
Countries visited (Monina has made appearances across the globe with tango performances and tango workshops/lessons)
- UK Edinburgh
- GERMANY: Berlin
- IRELAND: Belfast, Cork, Kilkenny, Galway, Co Mayo, Kerry, Waterford, Wexford, Dublin
- ITALY: Torini, Bolonia, Bresia, Milan, Rome, Palermo
- SPAIN: Madrid, Ibiza, Barcelona
- INDIA: New Delhi
- PARAGUAY: Asuncion
- ARGENTINA: Buenos Aires
- In 2002 Monina Paz opened the first Tango School in Ireland. Based in Dublin, Tango Ireland is the premier exponent of Argentinian Culture in Ireland. Activities include weekly Milongas, conferences, courses and workshops in tango technique and choreography.
- 22 TANGO SHOWS all around Ireland: with Argentinean Tango Orchestra- Orquesta Contratiempo– Orquesta el Tropezon- Orquestra Tango Tinto- Orquesta Lunfardia- In collaboration with Caroline Moreau & Oleg Ponomarev.
- At the centre of these events are the numerous Argentine Tango congresses with maestros and orchestras especially invited to Ireland from Argentina.
TANGO CONGRESS FESTIVALS:
- 1st Tango Festival (2005)
- 2nd Tango Festival (2006)
- 3rd Tango Festival (2007)
DON'T CALL ME MASTER
She also continues with her ongoing training in stretching techniques under Marijo Alvares.
In tango Melina Brufma, Graciela Gonzales, Carlos & Rosa Perez